I can relate this poem to my own life. There are many times that i need to take risks and many times i wish i could but don't. I understand how Markham wanted to be like the bird. the bird can live where others do not dare and still it will be safe. I don't always have a plan B like the bird has, when it take a risk. I too envy the bird.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Poetry Out Loud
The Daring One by Edwin Markham is great poem. I liked this poem when i first read it because it rhymes and because i wanted to learn more about it. In the poem Markham tells how he wishes he had the blue bird's unrestricted bravery. The bird can stand on the bough without fear for he knows that if it brakes his wings would bring him upward. The theme of this poem is that we all wish at some times that we were more brave and we had the bravery to take some risks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment